Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day Weekend

This weekend was not what was expected but was a pleasant surprise. After battling a two week sickness, one of the worse in my life, I had to cancel my saturday Baarb Race (an eight hour race consisting of kayaking, navigating, moutain biking and trekking) and a snowboarding trip to tahoe. Instead, Hani and I opt for a 3 hour road bike ride over the Dumabarton bridge (they have a isolated bike lane) to Coyote Hills with his Sheeper group, and a Sunday Valentine Day orienteering meet, dinner and movie.



Saturday started on a bike with the team the Hani coaches. He currently coaches the Level 1 Sheeper group. It was a beautiful day, and this year has had the most snowfall and rainfall due to El nino. Flowers scoured the fields of Coyote Hills as we rode through the park.
Sunday, Valentine's Day, Hani and I decided to do a BAOC (bay area orienteering club), at Shell Ridge. Shell ridge is in Walnut Creek, and we decided to run the brown course (4.3 km 190 m climb 12 controls) We had the best run we have ever had and received 3rd place with a time of 1:32.27. Our usual races have been in the 2 hour range.
Hani took me to a Valentine's dinner at Divino, which had a fixed menu. It was delicious and food we had never tasted before. Hani started with the Tortino Di Baccala (Dried cod, potato, and artichoke), and I had a dish (Tellini??) roasted red peppers, squash, and goat cheese, served cold. For Dinner I had the Veal and Hani had the Sea Bass. It was delicious though it was food we had not been familar with.
We ended the night going to Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. The movie seemed like it cut out a lot of the story building leading up to climax of the movie. I would give it a B- when it comes to good movies. Two movies that I watched on video that I really liked were "This is it" and Tyler Perry's "I can do Bad all by myself". After Madea catches some children looting her home, she turns them over to their Aunt April, a nightclub singer who wants nothing to do with her late sister’s kids. But things begin to change when a handyman decides to rent a room in her basement. Now nothing will ever be the same as April finds love, faith, family--

No comments:

Post a Comment